Planning an event or party involves many details, and graduation is no exception. Choosing the right invitations is the most important step before the event.
Some people want to use something other than ordinary shop-making cards, so they create customized templates that include the invitee’s name, the location, and the time of the celebration so that they can express their creativity. These cards can be incredibly bright and original; it just takes a little effort.
Let’s look at the essential elements when creating graduation invitations.
What should be the text of the postcards? There is no perfect text for invitations, but if you want to avoid having at least some touch of boredom in it, you can use the following ideas.
● Whether the text is in verse or prose, whatever the form, it will be genuinely unique if one of the graduates writes poetry. Of course, you can also find relevant verses on the Internet.
● If you are making invitations to teachers, you can use their favourite phrases that all schoolchildren have managed to remember over the years of study. They can be added by hand to the already printed text.
Prom invitations can also include information about the dress code so that all the girls present can choose the perfect prom dresses. In addition, you can decorate written in the old style, which will create the impression that the guest is invited to the ball of the secular aristocracy, which will be held in a luxurious castle.
In any case, there should be information about the time and place of the event. Even if they are already known to everyone, it will be easy to recall them again. So be sure to let them know where and when the event will occur.
If you are not very good over time, you can buy ready-made postcards or download and print templates on the Web. Sometimes this method helps, but buying or downloading several different invitations is recommended so that all guests do not receive the standard carbon copy options.
For those who want the grad invites to be unique, you can create them in graphic editors or with your hands. The latter option is more complex and time-consuming, although very interesting. You can combine these two options by creating handmade items for teachers and handing out finished items to all other guests.
How To Make A DIY Invitation?
You can create unique graduation invitations with your own hands. For this, various techniques can be used. In addition, you can easily find materials for future products at home. The algorithm for creating them is as follows:
1. Bend a piece of cardboard so that one side is slightly shorter than the other. Next, you need to prepare textured cardboard. The size should be approximately 12 by 8 centimetres.
2. On all sides, it should be one centimetre smaller than the front side of the postcard.
3. On the front side, draw a line with strokes using a marker and a ruler; it will imitate a seam. On each side, you need to retreat half a centimetre.
4. Next, attach the textured cardboard. For this, double-sided tape or glue is suitable.
5. Add the inscription “Invitation” to the card. You can purchase a ready-made stamp or write by hand on thin cardboard tape. Next, add texture inscriptions by glueing them with bulk tape. You can wrap the edges inward or cut them off excitingly.
6. The tape must be collected in small turns and fixed with a stapler. Finally, you will get a flower that can be glued to the corner. It is easy to twist the edge of the ribbon with a curl – so the flower will be even more beautiful.
7. Stick a double-sided tape of small thickness on the tape and fix the flowers with it.
8. It’s time to decorate the inside. Using the same adhesive tape, glue pieces of lace onto the cardboard.
9. Next, glue a sheet with invitation text written or printed.
10. Decorate your creation the way you like. Sequins, rhinestones, beads, satin ribbons and other elements are ideal.
Graduation invitations are an excellent way to excite guests for the big day. Make sure you include all the details, such as the date, time, and location, on your invitation, regardless of whether you choose a classic or modern design.
Creating your graduation invitations can be fun, and with a little imagination and effort, you can make them very special and represent you well. Make the most of your graduation day by sending out beautiful invites you created yourself.